Sunday, July 28, 2013


ARTIST: SELENA GOMEZ
LABEL: HOLLYWOOD RECORDS
GENRE: ELECTRONIC, POP, DUBSTEP, DANCE
PRODUCER(S): MITCH ALLAN, ROCK MAFIA

Stars dance was Selena Gomez's debut studio album without her band The Scene. The album was released on July 23 under her label Hollywood Records to great reviews. I personally felt that the record was not good. It was great. Although it lacks any true artistic direction, the record is a decent pop record to listen to. Selena's sound has evolved in every record she's been involved in(Stars Dance is the fourth album she's done), and frankly this is what I look for when I illegally download buy new music. You want to hear something different all the time, or else it beats the purpose of working on a record for over one year and putting out the same material that fans have been used to. I appreciated that Selena went more dance,electro-pop in this album. My favourite track was Love Will Remember. Although it wasn't a dance song, I liked the sultry honesty behind it. I did not however like Come and Get It on this album. I don't understand why they would chose to release it as the first single when almost every other song on the album is better.  I loved the 8th track 'B.E.AT'. It's so interestingly weird. I picture a fashion show theme for it's video which they probably won't make and 'Walk like a Champion' reminded me a little of the bajan style group Cover Drive. The album in general, like I said was nice. The music made me happy. The sound reminded me somewhat of Spring Breakers. But if you're looking for great artistry and all those lyrics that nobody really understands, this is definitely not the record for you.
STARS DANCE ALBUM ART























You can download Stars Dance from the link below:
Stars Dance Download


0 comments:

Post a Comment